October 18, 2011

The Joy Circuit >> Fatal nights inside our fences

California Month continued, tremor #33:

The Joy Circuit - "Run In Circles" (demo)
(self-released, 2004)

Another explosive song from TJC's incredible, genre-redefining demo EP.  I hope I got the lyric "Fatal nights inside our fences" correct, but even if I didn't, it's still a pretty awesome phrase.  Garbs seems to be singing this phrase differently the second time around, at the 2:56 mark.


Nicholas Cage won some sort of lifetime achievement award on the Scream Awards on VH1 tonight.  I had never heard of these awards before.  I have never seen the movie Face/Off.


Out of all the montages of Cage's "best" work, this one has to be the most touching, and it was made by someone from Louisiana:


After looking it up just now, I was not surprised to find out that Nicholas Cage is from California.
Speaking of faces, last night I realized I was wearing a collared shirt for the first time in about a month, so I decided to snap a photo in my bathroom, in memoriam of MySpace.  It was 9PM and I'd just woken up from a nap.


Today I shot hoops in Lutcher at around noon, brought birthday gifts to my sister in NOLA, bought a blue Phillies t-shirt, and shot hoops in Ama in the evening during a massive cold front with what seemed like 50 MPH wind gusts.  That doesn't sound very interesting, but my point is that the heat index was about 90º when I was in Lutcher, and it was about 50º just a few hours later in Ama.

Planets with similar climates: Venus Beads - "Cold Inferno" (1990), The Church - "Reptile" (1987), Unwound - "What Was Wound" (1993), DInosaur Jr - "Raisans" (1987).


Currently eating or drinking: Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier; Winn-Dixie sourdough bread

No comments: